Sunday, September 2, 2012

Priorities



We were camping this past week and this cute little guy was our forest buddy.  After spending a large amount of time chasing and stalking and trying to feed him (which was totally the boys idea, by the way) I actually learned a good lesson.  This little squirrel has one goal on which to focus.  His entire being right now is to harvest and store up nuts and seeds against the coming winter. No matter what distractions came his way, be it offerings of leftover breakfast on a plate under his favorite tree, or 4 boys running at him with large sticks, Mr. Squirrel was focused and determined.  Sometimes we are like the squirrels- chittering and chirping and running around anxiously engaged in doing something. I think I need to be more like this particular squirrel- quiet and focused and determined to succeed.  Firm and hard working, even if the future for which I am preparing seems far distant.  Mr. Squirrel also seems to live a pretty simple, streamlined life.  SO, in honor of our camping friend we simplified our blog and are streamlining our family schedules as we begin the new school year later this week.  Just as winter will arrive soon than we anticipate, I know that these boys will  become men, grown up and ready to bless and change the world. I'm praying that both of our preparations will not be found faulting.  Here are my priorities...(and yes they are a little "nutty")





1 comment:

  1. I like the change to your blog is great. I enjoy both the writings and photos. We sure miss all of you.

    Grandpa Chuck

    ReplyDelete